Friday, January 19, 2018

Princess Sky



        I have a dog named Sky. She is considered to be one of the smallest dog breeds. Sky is a very outgoing and loving Chihuahua. Her birthday is on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo). I was able to bring her home when she was two months. As soon as I knew that she was going to come home, I went to Petco (a pet store) and got her a bed, food bowls, a blanket, and some toys. The first night that she was away from her parents, she cried a lot. I did not sleep the whole night because I was worried about her. I was worried because I felt like she was scared and lonely without her mom and dad. The following morning, I tried to feed her and she did not eat her food. I was heart broken because she looked extremely sad. I left the house without brushing my hair. When it was time to feed her later on in the day, she refused to eat. That was the breaking point for me. I was ready to return her to her owner. I called her and told her what happened and how I wanted to return Sky. As the weeks went by, Sky was a different dog. She began to play, chew on my shoes, destroyed many things around the house, and went through the different stages that a dog goes through. Two years later, she is the happiest to be with my family. She loves family time, shopping at Pet Smart, walking through the neighborhood, family parties, and dressing up. 


Vocabulary 

Dog breed: A particular dog from a variety of different dogs
Worried: To feel or show fear because you or someone may feel like something bad has happened or will happen.
Lonely: Feeling alone
Heart Broken: When someone is feeling very upset. 
Extremely: A high extent of something
Refused: Not wanting to do something or want something
Convinced: Being certain or sure about something
Breaking Point: A time where a person can't deal with or accept a situation because they are either stressed, scared, have too much pressure or feel uncertain.


Vocabulary Exercise

Fill in the blanks


1. When the sun was beaming down, Elena felt ____________ hot. 

2. Gabriel  ___________ to take the garbage out. 
3. My teacher was ____________ that we cheated on the test. 
4. When we saw that the dog had a missing leg, we were __________.
5. Ryan went on vacation and his mother was alone in the house. She felt very ____________.
6. A Pitbull is a _________. 
7. Her mom was __________ because she left her homework at home. 
8. The situation reached the __________ ___________ when Edwin lied to his parents. 

Grammar Point 
Past progressive tense: Something that happened at some point in the past. 
Some examples include:
was crying
was worried
refused

Activity: Finish each sentence with a past progressive tense. 

1. When she was ten years old, she ________ to the bus stop. 
2. Rebecca _______ her homework on time. 
3. My mom ________ every Saturday when I was younger. 
4. We ________ our neighbor cut the grass. 
5. They ________ in their coloring books. 



2 comments:

  1. I really liked reading about your little princess. She looks adorable. It is so cute that you can dress her up. You can't dress cats t all. They take everything off.

    I think you have done a good job with the vocabulary and exercises. With the grammar point, I would suggest giving a few examples of verbs in the past progressive, for example, was crying/ was feeling / was not eating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have added the examples to the grammar point.
    If only cats would let their owners dress them up.

    ReplyDelete

A Voyage In The Clouds         A ride in a hot air balloon sounds amazing. What could be better than riding a hot air balloon with an a...